A character originating from Metroid Prime Hunters
. Sylux is the main antagonist the crossover fic of Metroid: Kamen Rider Generations Vol. 2 - Ex-Aid Era feat. Cross Ange
. Very little is known about Sylux, other than that he harbors a strong hatred for the Galactic Federation, and Samus Aran by association. Due to unknown circumstances, Sylux enters the present time where he would once again confront his arch-nemesis, and later plans to annihilate humanity by claiming the Kamen Rider Chronicle Gashat.
(image courtesy of morgannation
)Disclaimer: Metroid belongs to Nintendo, while Kamen Rider belongs to TOEI, TV Asahi, and Ishinomori Productions.
(SPOILERS: This will be updated on a regular basis when a chapter is published.)
Tropes that apply to Sylux in the crossover fic:
- 0% Approval Rating: Every Kamen Rider in both CR and Space Explorers' sides want Sylux dead whenever he gets involved with the fight between the Bugsters and Doctor Riders.
- Adaptational Villainy: In the Metroid series mythos, Sylux's character in general remains a mystery as of this day. In the story, Sylux is given a personality and motivation; that is we get to reveal his true personality: beneath his mysterious aura is a deranged psychopath with aspirations of an omnicidal maniac.
- Arch-Enemy: To Samus, naturally.
- Evil Counterpart: To Samus. Both bounty hunters with contradicting personalities. Every planet would go down in flames whenever Samus has vanquished evil, while Sylux wants to destroy everything just for the hell of it.
- Expy: While maintaining his unexplained vendetta against Samus, Sylux has traits of these following Kamen Rider characters:
- Hate Sink: By the time he gets involved with the Kamen Rider Chronicle crisis, Sylux is written like this on purpose to the point that he is universally despised by everyone. Taken Up to Eleven when he victimizes Poppy Pipopapo (though she got better), and his murder of Graphite.
- Moral Event Horizon: In-universe only. The most extreme one is how he kills Graphite in front of the Hiiro and Taiga moments after defeating him.
- Not So Different: To Samus. Both are bounty hunters from distant future and are associated by the Galactic Federation. Samus was employed by the Federation up until she is labeled as a criminal for the B.S.L. incident. While Sylux despises the Galactic Federation and aspires to overthrown them.
- Sylux loves to invoke this on Hiiro and Taiga. (See Shadow Archetype below), it really shows that Sylux is just as arrogant as the two Doctor Riders. He proves it to them when he murders Graphite in front of them out of spite.
- Shadow Archetype: Sylux mostly gives off a twisted reflection of the Ex-Aid Riders' darker instincts:
- He represents Emu with delusions of self-righteousness and apathy to others instead of compassion and kindness.
- After character development, Sylux to Hiiro. Sylux is what Hiiro would have become if he had never met and interacted Emu and became ruled by his own pride and arrogance.
- He plays this straight to Taiga; both are Smug Super Jerkasses who care only about themselves. He is also what Taiga could have become if Nico Saiba did not came to his hospital, and if he didn't have anyone like her around him to act as his moral compass.
- To Kuroto Dan. Both have a God-complex and unstable personalities. While Kuroto has redeeming qualities, Sylux represents Kuroto's narcissism gone horribly wrong.
- Smug Snake: Has the mindset of a schoolyard bully who would stick his nose on other people's business. While subverted, his arrogance gets the better of him.
- Underestimating Badassery: His Fatal Flaw. Being the Smug Snake Jerkass that he is, sometimes Sylux constantly belittles every Kamen Rider he encounters and lets it go over his head. When a Rider activates his/her super mode (i.e., Huntress Puzzle Gamer Level 50), he's bound to be screwed.
- Villainous Friendship: With Masamune Dan.